What is American Culture?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What is American Culture?

Post by Admin on Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:17 am

What is culture? Is there any particular value that you think you have acquired because of your culture?
What is it to be American? Is there anything that most Americans would agree on as a defining aspect of American culture?
Those were some of the questions we have discussed in the second hour of last week's class.

Do you have some comments, questions or experiences you would like to share?

This is the short video we had played in class.

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://amxp.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: What is American Culture?

Post by zhuoxinyang on Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:58 pm

I think American culture is fast food and Cowboy Culture. When I came to American, I found fast food is popular, we can eat them almost everywhere. Except this, in my memory cowboy is very cool, I think cowboy can be one of the respresentative culture of American.

zhuoxinyang

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sophia on Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:55 am

On personal level, I think culture is about traditional custom, food, clothing, behavior. The particular value according to my culture is about how to choose your major in college. In China, students usually choose the major which there parents told them. Nevertheless, students in America know what they like and they will choose what they want to do. Morever, America culture also includes freedom, diversity and fast food.

sophia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Limingzhao569 on Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:02 am

I think the United States is a melting pot of world culture. It combines the best cultures from all over the world, including food culture, social culture, economic culture and tourism culture. The United States is a capitalist developed country with strict laws and regulations, but one problem is the proliferation of guns.

Limingzhao569

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunfengwang on Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:55 pm

The culture of the United States of America is primarily Western,but is influenced by different regional culture.It also has its own social and culture characteristics,for example music,arts,social habits,mainfacturers and folklore.The United States of America is only 200 years old,but his brilliant and gorgeous culture attack more and more people around the World.If you have chance,you need to visit the United States of America.

Chunfengwang

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top